Membership with the Adaptation Research Alliance (ARA) is open to entities comprised of researchers, funders, policymakers, development bodies, and community-based organisations that are committed to adaptation action and research that strengthens resilience in communities most vulnerable to climate change.
Membership with the ARA is available only to organisations and institutions.
Entities wishing to apply for membership with the ARA must:
- Have an established governance structure which aims to advance research and/or action efforts on climate adaptation and resilience.
- Not represent the office of a head of state of a country.
- Actively engage in one or more areas of climate adaptation research, action, or policy.
In joining the Alliance, members agree to:
- Endorse the ARA’s goals and mission.
- Endorse the ARA’s Theory of Change.
- Endorse the Adaptation Research for Impact Principles.
- Engage with at least one ARA activity annually.
- Participate in ARA governance and annual meetings.
To join the Alliance, please complete and submit the membership application form below. The ARA Secretariat will review your application and follow-up shortly with more details.
The ARA is currently developing its strategy to welcome affiliated programmes. More details about these programmes will be shared soon.