This report summarises a Consultative Process held by the ARA and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) to surface priorities and recommendations for action research in adapting food systems.
The two-part conultatioins were hld over September and October 2021, consisting of a survey and virtual consultation, to surface priorities and recommendations for action research in adapting food systems. This report summarises the findings from that consultation and recommendations....
Seven priority areas
Healthy, sustainable, and equitable food sytems are essential for food security and highly sensitive to the impacts of climate change. They also have the potential to play a key role in mitigating and adapting to climate change.
This report covers seven priority areas related to food systems that were explored in the Consultative Process including:
- Transforming food systems
- Transitions toward agroecology
- Supporting healthy and sustainable diets
- Justice, equality and inclusion in food systems
- Supporting the resilience of smallholder farmers
- Anticipatory planning for climate risk in food systems
- Reducing emissions in food systems
Download the report
Join the ARA
Want to join our global coalition? Learn about the benefits of ARA membership and whether your entity or organisation is eligible.