The main objective of this vacancy by the Adaptation Research Alliance (ARA) is to support and enhance the integration of Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) into the work of the Alliance.
The selected expert/team will provide technical expertise, guidance, and support to ensure that GESI considerations are adequately addressed in research, projects, and initiatives undertaken by the Alliance in 2023 and beyond. This will include the following:
- Conduct a comprehensive review and assessment of the existing activities, research, and initiatives within the ARA to identify gaps and opportunities for integrating GESI considerations.
- Develop a GESI integration strategy and action plan for the ARA, outlining specific steps, targets, and timelines for incorporating GESI into its activities in 2023 and beyond.
- Develop and deliver 2 capacity building activities for the ARA Secretariat, Steering Board and ARA membership such as training workshops or webinars, to enhance the knowledge and skills of ARA governing bodies and members in mainstreaming GESI in their work.
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks that capture the gender and social impacts of the ARA.
Outputs and deliverables
As a result of the activities undertaken by the selected team/expert, the below outputs will be delivered. Note: the specific deliverables, outputs and timeline will be negotiated and agreed with the selected team/expert, however completion of all activities and deliverables listed above must be done by 20 March 2024.
- Comprehensive review report on the existing activities, research, and initiatives within the ARA, highlighting gaps and opportunities for GESI integration.
- GESI integration strategy and action plan, including specific steps, targets, and timelines for implementation.
- Guidelines for the ARA Secretariat and other governing bodies on integrating GESI into adaptation research and practice in 2023 and beyond.
- Capacity building activities, such as workshops or webinars, conducted for the ARA Secretariat, Steering Board and members. E.g. Monitoring and evaluation frameworks or tools for capturing gender and social impacts of adaptation interventions.
To apply, please review the full ToR here and ensure you meet all described eligibility criteria.
Applicants should email the CV/s of all relevant individuals, as well as a suggested approach for undertaking this work, no later than 31 October 2023 to email@example.com
Gender and Social Inclusion Expert/Team
Learn about the call for a Gender and Social Inclusion Expert/Team with the ARA Secretariat in this Terms of Reference (ToR) document.